20 Workplace Resolutions for you from your coworkers
We all make some blunders knowingly and unknowingly at work. Sometimes you can’t think of anything but just work, work & work!! And you don’t even know your colleagues have noticed something odd in you. Sometimes they and your managers may frame your personality based on the blunders/behavior/routine you make.
So I was thinking what could be the resolution that we think others should consider making at workplace! May be resolve to avoid making blunders. When I thought of writing about this the first thing I wanted to do is to reach out to my friends & readers, especially my Facebook friends! They always inspire me with great ideas which I may never imagine.
Here are the list of workplace resolutions shared by Your HR Buddy’s Facebook friends and fans that they think others should consider making at the workplace -
- Stop working through lunch all the time and take a break once in a while.
- Stay more organized with daily tasks. Be better organized when planning out work day & manage it.
- Please wear fresh socks everyday at work! Otherwise, it stinks like hell sitting next to you!
- Get out of your seat and say hello to your coworkers once in a while.
- Do a spell check/grammar check before sending out a memo!
- Use Please, Thank You & You are welcome to make others feel appreciated.
- Reread to/cc/subject of mail before sending.
- Stop clicking reply all button before checking who all are in the list!
- Use mouth freshener after a meal! Can’t stand his bad breath!
- Avoid speaker phone & don’t talk too loud sitting next to me while on the phone.
- Help others not just for the sake of making it to the appraisal sheet.
- Please knock before entering my cubicle.
- Don’t microwave food that smells inside office.
- Reset your ring tones to something pleasing to others ears.
- Chewing gums are not allowed.
- Stop talking behind my back! I can hear you!
- Showing up late every day at work.
- Stop standing behind me and peeping at my computer while I work.
- Own up to your mistakes when you are fault.
- Don’t open my mail without my permission.
So what do you think? If you have noticed something that others should resolve to avoid, share it in the comments.