Future of Work – Independent Workers
‘According to Intuit by 2020 40% of American Workers will be freelancers. Another study conducted by MBO partners found that today there are approximately 30 million independent workers and that by 2019 this number will grow to 40 million’ – These studies reveal the story of ‘Future of work’
These independent workers, freelancers and contingent workers are determined to build their own ladder rather than climbing on others ladder. They are not those people who just can’t find a full time job. But they did choose to be their own boss by becoming independent workers. The rising demand shows that these on-demand employees are actually creating jobs. According to SAP and Oxford Economics report , 83% executives say their companies are increasing their use of contingent workers.
Listen to the show to learn more about:
- Does HR have to learn new skills and tools to find and manage these talent?
- Why are these On demand employees opting to become independent workers?
- How are companies changing the way they find, connect, hire and engage these talent?
- How to build a team consisting of independent workers?
- What’s going to be some business implications while hiring independent workers.
DriveThruHR was designed to be a captivating and easy-to-digest lunch discourse that covers topics relevant to HR professionals. Each 30-minute episode features a guest speaker who shares her or his knowledge and experience in human resources. DriveThruHR hosts and special guest cover a wealth of topics, including HR Technology, Recruiting, Talent Management, Leadership, Organizational Culture and Strategic HR, every day at 12:00 pm Central Time. The radio program is hosted by @williamtincup and @thehrbuddy. The #1 HR show, with amazing HR conversations and follow us on the twitters at @drivethruhr and #dthr.